McDermott Pacific Blue Cue
Pacific Blue-stained Birds-eye Maple forearm and butt with white bands set off by German brass rings, a black & blue genuine double-pressed Irish linen wrap and black Impact Control Ring.
Since 1975, McDermott Handcrafted Cues has made it their mission to raise the bar of what billiard players expect from a high performance cue. Drawing on the latest technology and a state-of-the-art facility, each year McDermott consistently delivers tasteful yet aggressive designs.
Over 150 separate operations are used to build each McDermott cue. After the original design is developed, a CAD programmer uses CAM software to translate the design into machining language. The design is then sent to a sophisticated milling machine so sensitive it can hold tolerances to within one thousandth of an inch, even on the most unique and highly detailed designs. Experienced finish artisans hand-apply stain coloration by hand, one cue at a time. McDermott inlays are precision milled from a variety of exotic woods, precious metals, pearls, ivory and specialty composites. Each inlay and ring is inset by hand to ensure a perfect fit. Each cue is finished with a moisture-barrier to prevent warpage and give the trademark McDermott high-gloss finish.
Mc Dermott Quality
- All McDermott shafts are made from the finest kiln-dried hand-selected North American Hard Rock Maple and are turned 11 times. Each shaft is machined, bored and CNC-thread cut for consistency.
- McDermott hand selects only the finest woods from around the globe and ages it for 18 to 24 months, storing and machining each piece three times to let moisture escape.
- The tri-core butt construction McDermott utilizes promotes straightness over the cue’s lifetime.
- McDermott’s wood-to-wood joints provide consistent surface contact, delivering the most solid hit in the industry.
- McDermott also uses an exclusive Impact Control Ring, which is made from a polymer matrix composite originally developed by NASA.
- McDermott cues feature chrome tanned water buffalo medium hard triangle tips and hand-glued and screwed fine weave linen-based Ivorine III ferrules.
McDermott Cues and performance shafts are proudly made in the U.S.A. and include a lifetime warranty against warpage.
Standard on all McDermott cues from $245-$700
Quality Specs From The Manufacturer
The G-Core Shaft Technology significantly stabilizes the shaft through the use of a three layered core positioned in the front impact area of the shaft. G-Core Technology increases shaft stability by 65%, promoting increased accuracy with enhanced radial consistency. The G-Core also utilizes proprietary CT Tenon Technology: a carbon fiber ferrule core which results in greater strength, efficiency and precision.
Everest Tip by Tiger
This tip shapes like a hard tip, hits like a medium and has the control like a soft tip. This tip includes a red warning layer that alerts you when to replace your tip.
Carbon fiber extends through the shaft wood and into the ferrule with an additional damping device to reduce vibration. This results in a stronger ferrule assembly with maximum impact properties and enhanced feedback.
Triple Layer Design
The shaft features three distinct layers: wood, carbon fiber and wood, which reduces vibration and minimizes shaft distortion, thereby adding optimal control and accuracy.
Wood: Birds-eye Maple
Joint: 3/8" x 10 with Impact Control Ring
Joint Rings: German Brass
Weight: Standardized weighting system 18oz-21oz available
Butt Construction: Tri-core butt construction for straightness
Butt Cap: White with etched McDermott logo